How to Help Your Child
The following booklets have been produced to help you support your child with their learning at home. We hope you find them interesting and informative.
Whole school – PE idea for lock down
Here are some wonderful websites containing phonics games/resources:
Oxford Owl Reading books – Choose the drop down menu entitled ‘Levels’, then click on ‘Book Band’, you will see the colour bands which match with those your child has been reading in school.
- Espresso – Scroll down to the bottom and see a range of activitie under Polly’s phonics.
- Phonics Play – Username: march20 Password: home to give full access to all games/resources.
- Teach Your Monster to Read – The computer version of this is free.
- Twinkl – free resources with the code UKTWINKLHELPS.
- Top Marks – Phonics songs, tablet friendly phonics.
- Educational quizzes – Range of quizzes on various phonics sounds and spelling rules.
- BBC Schools – Alphablocks programmes, jigsaws, quizzes. You can also access Bitesize via this link.
- ICT Games – Selection of tablet/desktop friendly phonics games
- Family Learning – Free phonics games
- Mr T Phonics – Video clips of various letter sounds with Mr Thorne and Geraldine the giraffe. Mr Thorne provides good explanations for parents on how sounds are articulated and fun videos for the children to watch.
- Elsa – How are you feeling today?